What We Need:
An RCS Accounting opportunity that allows you to have an impact on a music industry airplay monitoring service. Mediabase’s radio tracking data is known widely as the music industry standard across labels, publishers and management companies. Mediabase, part of the RCS group, needs a hands-on Assistant Controller who can solve problems, make decisions, automate processes and partner with business leaders. Job descriptions and resume buzzwords such as, “month-end close”, “accounts payable”, “accounts receivable”, “journal entries”, etc. only describe the output of what we do. It’s how we do it that makes us, and you, unique. We aren’t satisfied just checking the boxes and doing the job. If you have a strong desire to understand the “why” and find efficient solutions this opportunity at Mediabase may be for you.
What You’ll Do:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage Customer billing and month-end close process for business unit and consolidated division accounting activities in accordance with US GAAP and iHeartMedia policies. Responsibilities include:
- P&L analysis and general ledger account review
- Partner with Sales to manage customer contracts and bill Music industry clients
- Reconcile, research, and proactively resolve customer payments and other balance sheet items
- Follow key controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Journal entry preparation
2. Uses appropriate systems and tools to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects, prepare reconciliations for review, forecast results, and respond to inquiries.
3. Understands full cycle accounting and ensures proper control, recording, and classification of financial transactions.
4. Identifies and escalates appropriate issues to management as needed.
5. Manages and participates in special projects or support tasks, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Advanced Excel knowledge including understanding and using formulas and manipulating large sets of data
- Strong financial information systems experience preferred (Sage300, COGNOS, etc.)
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment – must escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Must be detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. “Following-up until resolved” skills are a must.
- Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
What You’ll Need:
What You’ll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- In-depth knowledge of key business drivers and how this impacts your team
- Experience in team and project management for mid-sized projects
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk
- Confidence to solve complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Growth mindset and desire for continued knowledge sharing and learning
- Understanding of impact of your own decisions
- Ability to identify new opportunities for continued improvement across business
- Comfort acting as a trusted advisor for colleagues with less experience
- Ability to manage complex and confidential information and to influence others to build consensus across all levels
White Plains, NY: One North Broadway, 14th Floor, 10601
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.